Björn Lundin is Senior Consultant at the Center for Medical Imaging and Physiology, Skåne University Hospital (Lund) and Associate Professor at Lund University, Sweden. He obtained his degree in medicine from the University of Lund, and he is a specialist in diagnostic radiology. His research work has been in the field of musculoskeletal radiology, with special interest in MRI and hemophilic arthropathy.
Dr Lundin is a member of the Swedish Medical Association as well as of the Swedish Societies of Medicine, Radiology and Musculoskeletal Radiology, and he is Board member and Treasurer of the latter society. He is also a member of the European Society of Skeletal Radiology and Chairman of the Imaging Expert Workgroup of the International Prophylaxis Study Group, and he is a faculty member of the Lund University MRI School, the Swedish Society for Musculoskeletal Radiology’s courses for Basic and Advanced Musculoskeletal Radiology as well as the International Haemophilia Course, Malmö, Sweden. He has numerous papers published in professional journals and abstracts published in the proceedings of international scientific congresses.
- An MRI scale for assessment of haemophilic arthropathy from the International Prophylaxis Study Group. Lundin B, Manco-Johnson ML, Ignas DM, Moineddin R, Blanchette VS, Dunn AL, Gibikote SV, Keshava SN, Ljung R, Manco-Johnson MJ, Miller SF, Rivard GE and Doria AS; The International Prophylaxis Study Group. Haemophilia. 2012 Nov;18(6):962-970
- Gadolinium contrast agent is of limited value for magnetic resonance imaging assessment of synovial hypertrophy in hemophiliacs. Lundin B, Berntorp E, Pettersson H, Wirestam R, Jonsson K, Ståhlberg F and Ljung R. Acta Radiol. 2007 Jun;48(5):520-30.
- MRI scores of ankle joints in children with haemophilia--comparison with clinical data. Lundin B, Ljung R and Pettersson H; European Paediatric Network for Haemophilia Management (PEDNET). Haemophilia. 2005 Mar;11(2):116-22.
- Compatible scales for progressive and additive MRI assessments of haemophilic arthropathy. Lundin B, Babyn P, Doria AS, Kilcoyne R, Ljung R, Miller S, Nuss R, Rivard GE and Pettersson H; International Prophylaxis Study Group. Haemophilia. 2005 Mar;11(2):109-15.
- A new magnetic resonance imaging scoring method for assessment of haemophilic arthropathy. Lundin B, Pettersson H and Ljung R. Haemophilia. 2004 Jul;10(4):383-9.