Dr Rivard graduated in medicine at Université de Montréal. He trained in pediatrics at Université de Montréal, in hematology-oncology at McGill University in Montreal and at the Los Angeles Children’s Hospital , and in hemostasis at University of Southern California
Dr. Rivard’s main focus has been on clinical and laboratory investigation of congenital and acquired bleeding disorders with a main interest on coagulation inhibitors.
- Rivard GE, Girard M, Bélanger R, Jutras M, Guay JP. Synoviorthesis with colloïdal 32P chromic phosphate for the treatment of hemophilic arthropathy. J Bone and Joint Surg 1994; 76:482-8.
- Rivard GE, Lillicrap D, Poon MC, Demers C, Lépine M , St-Louis J, Warner M. Can activated recombinant factor VII be used to postpone the exposure of infants to factor VIII until after 2 years of age? Haemophilia 2005; 11: 335-9
- Rivard GE, Brummel-Ziedins KE, Mann KG, Fan L, Hofer A, Cohen E. Evaluation of the profile of thrombin generation during the process of whole blood clotting as assessed by thrombelastography. J Thromb Haemost. 2005; 3: 2039-43
- Brummel-Ziedins KE, Whelihan MF, Gissel M, Mann KG, Rivard GE. Thrombin generation and bleeding in haemophilia A. 2009;15:1118-25
- Hayward CP, Rivard GE. Quebec platelet disorder. Expert Rev Hematol 2011;2:137-41