Rolf C. R. Ljung received his medical degree from Lund University, Sweden. His research work has been in the field of coagulation in particular genetic, molecular biological and clinical studies in haemophilia. He is currently Professor of Paediatrics at Lund University and Senior Consultant in Paediatric Haematology at the Department of Paediatrics and at Malmö Haemostasis and Thrombosis Centre, Skåne University Hospital Malmö/Lund.
Dr. Ljung is Scientific Chairman of the "European Paediatric Network for Haemophilia Management" (PedNet) and the International Network on Pediatric Hemophilia (INPH) and co-chairman of the International Prophylaxis Study Group (IPSG). He is a member of the editorial board of Haemophilia, member of the Editorial Committee of Acta Paediatrica and Editor of The International Monitor on Hemophilia and has published numerous papers in professional journals and abstracts in the proceedings of international or national scientific congresses.
- Halldén C, Knobe KE, Sjörin E, Nilsson D, Ljung R. Investigation of disease-associated factors in haemophilia A patients without detectable mutations. Haemophilia 2012. Epub ahead of print.
- Ljung R, Knobe K. How to manage invasive procedures in children with haemophilia. Brit J. Haematol 2012. Epub ahead of print.
- Halldén C, Nilsson D, Säll T, Lind-Halldén C, Lidén AC, Ljung R. Swedish hemophilia A mutations. J Thromb Haemost. 2012: 10(12):2503-2511.
- Gouw SC, van der Bom JG, Ljung R, Escuriola C, Cid AR, Claeyssens-Donadel S, van Geet C, Kenet G, Mäkipernaa A, Claudio Molinari A, Muntean W, Kobelt R, Rivard G, Santagostino E, Thomas A, van den Berg M, for the PedNet and Rodin Study Group. Factor VIII products and inhibitor development in severe hemophilia A. N Engl J Med. 2013: 368(3):231-239.
- Gouw S, van den Berg M, Fischer K, Auerswald G, Carcao M, Chalmers E, Chambost H, Kurnik K, Liesner R, Petrini P, Platokouki H, Altisen C, Oldenburg J, Nolan B, Garrido R P, Ljung R, van den Bom J. Intensity of factor VIII treatment and inhibitor development in children with severe haemophilia A: the RODIN study. Blood. 2013: 121(20):4046-55.