Dr. Andrea Edginton is a Professor and the Hallman Director of the School of Pharmacy, University of Waterloo, Canada. She has 100+ peer-reviewed publications in pharmacokinetics and modeling and simulation. Her academic research focuses on the development and application of physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) models and simulation techniques in the areas of pharmaceuticals and human health risk assessment. Her research examines how the physiology of sub-populations (e.g. children, patients with disease) affect the PK of drugs through integration with PBPK models for the optimization of drug therapy. Dr. Edginton heads the modeling component of the Web-Accessible Population Pharmacokinetics Service – Hemophilia (WAPPS-Hemo.org) project that uses population pharmacokinetic modeling and Bayesian forecasting for tailoring treatment prophylaxis in persons with hemophilia. This free service is used by over 600 hemophilia treatment centres in over 40 countries.
1. Yu JK, Iorio A, Edginton AN. A comparison of methods for prediction of pharmacokinetics when switching to extended half-life products in hemophilia A patients. Thromb Res. 2020 Dec;196:550-558.
2. Hajducek DM, Chelle P, Hermans C, Iorio A, McEneny-King A, Yu J, Edginton A. Development and evaluation of the population pharmacokinetic models for FVIII and FIX concentrates of the WAPPS-Hemo project. Haemophilia. 2020 May; 26(3):384-400.
3. McEneny-King A, Yeung CH, Edginton AN, Iorio A, Croteau SE. Clinical application of Web Accessible Population Pharmacokinetic Service-Hemophilia (WAPPS-Hemo): Patterns of blood sampling and patient characteristics among clinician users. Haemophilia. 2020 Jan;26(1):56-63.
4. Hamadeh, A, Troutman, J, Najjar, A, Edginton, AN. A Mechanistic Bayesian Inferential Workflow for Estimation of In Vivo Skin Permeation From In Vitro Measurements. J of Pharm Sci 2022; 11(3): 838-851.
5. Malik PRV, Yeung CHT, Ismaeil S, Advani U, Djie S, Edginton AN. A Physiological Approach to Pharmacokinetics in Chronic Kidney Disease. J Clin Pharmacol. 2020 Oct;60 Suppl 1:S52-S62.